Fitter After 40 is the only online program of it's kind that shows you exactly how to consistently implement the nutrition, exercise, & mindset strategies that will make you stronger & leaner for life while freeing you from constantly thinking about your weight.
Before I Tell You All About This Life-Changing Program, Let's Talk About Who This Is Really For...
As a woman with a few decades of living under your belt, your BS Meter is fine tuned. You know quick fixes don't work and you're savvy enough to appreciate that there are no magic pills to weight loss success.
- A woman who never struggled with weight gain until your 40s & wants to feel confident in your skin again
- Someone who's seen family or friends struggle with health in their later years & wants to get as strong & healthy as possible so that you age well.
- A yo yo dieter who's tired of losing and gaining the same weight over and over and wants a permanent weight loss solution so you can stop constantly thinking about your weight
You're in the right place and I'm going to tell you exactly how Fitter After 40 will give you the tools, inspiration and unparalleled support on your journey to creating your fittest, healthiest body yet.
By the end of this program,
you will have…
Developed a custom nutrition plan that takes into account your individual preferences, schedule & life demands(So you can finally be consistent enough to see real results regardless of whether or not you're feeling motivated.)
Conquered weight loss self sabotageOnce you see *how* you're sabotaging your results you can practice choosing differently. Buh-bye feeling stuck.
Engrained key habits that will not only help you lose weight, but keep it offYou don't just want to lose weight. You want to keep it off permanently. Your current physique is the product of your current habits. Over the next 8 weeks you'll learn and develop new habits that will allow you to not just lose weight but keep it off forever and love the way you look.
Learned how to take action even when you're not feeling motivatedInstead of constantly chasing motivation, you will have the skills to push you to take action even and especially when you don't feel like doing it.
Mastered the skills & techniques you need to get stronger & more confident in the gym.This is the missing link for so many women. By the end of the next 8 weeks you will know exactly how to harness the power of the iron to shape your body like never before (whether you've never so much as lifted a dumbbell or you've been a group fitness buff for years or you love throwing around some heavy weight.)
Developed a healthy relationship with your body & the scale.Changing your body doesn't have to mean hating your body and your mood doesn't have to be dictated by the number on the scale. In 8 weeks stepping on the scale won't dictate your mood for the day.
"I've been working with Kim for over a year and I can't recommend her enough.
I chose her because she has an evidence-based approach to fat loss & exercise. Kim is very supportive & I am thrilled with the changes. My LDL (bad cholesterol) has dropped 15 points, I've lost 15lbs, and I'm much stronger. I never thought I would take on weight training at the age of 54, never mind be able to do it. And yet here I am. The other thing is the change in mindset: I am thinking about food & my body differently, in much healthier ways. Wish I had started working with her years ago."
-Dr Jen Gunter, OB/GYN, bestselling author of The Menopause Manifesto & the internet's most fearless advocate for women's health
A Small Sampling of Our Amazing Alumni:
Spring 2021 Alum
Before I signed up for [Fitter After 40] I had resigned myself to just being “okay” with gaining weight and not being able to lose it during menopause, that this would be my new normal. During the course I was pleasantly surprised to find that increasing my protein and staying in a deficit was not nearly as hard as I thought- and I wasn’t hungry! I never felt deprived of anything. I've now lost over 20 pounds and 23 inches! I went from being able to do zero push ups to doing 15 in a row! What’s even better is how these changes have rippled out into my family, especially my three teens. Everyone is making healthier food choices and moving their bodies.
Fall 2021 Alum
I started [Fitter After 40] in September feeling tired, out of shape, & thinking that my clean eating habits had little room for improvement. 8 weeks later I have more energy, I can lift heavier weight than before, & I realized that my previous focus on clean eating was setting me up for failure, an unhealthy relationship with food & also made me gain weight over the years as I didn't think about the impact of calories...Now I've lost 12.5 inches on my body & feel extremely motivated to continue to workout & get stronger. I'm entering the next stage of my life with stronger muscles & bones, & better vitality.
Spring 2021 Alum
During Covid my sitting time & calorie intake increased significantly. Stress eating is my forte & having food within my home/workspace at all hours didn't help. I had been working out with weights & loving it as well as following people on IG who coached about macros, but let's be honest...I was guessing. Determining my calorie deficit & protein needs was enlightening. I had been a person that had always dropped to significantly low calories; I would white knuckle my way through the diet & then not know what to do afterwards to maintain the results. With this program, I was so excited to see my calorie range knowing I could enjoy more food- I love food! I learned about making “nutritional compromises” that would fit within my calories so I could still enjoy my life & not feel deprived. As a baseball mom, I included french fries, hamburgers and hotdogs into my 8 week plan and still saw results. Over 6 pounds and 12 inches lost! However, the greatest accomplishment is actually in what I’ve gained: the confidence in believing I can continue & sustain this change.
In addition to midlife weight, I had put on an additional 10 pounds during quarantine life. I was the heaviest I had ever been, and I felt in a very deep rut. I was having lower back pain, not sleeping well, & having a hard time getting up off the floor (to reach low shelves, for example. The course has helped me tremendously in the past 2 months. I have learned (still work in progress) to disassociate my mood and my inner mean girl, from the number on the scale. I have changed my sleep patterns: I have set a bedtime and a routine and I try to adhere to it. This routine has helped me notice a pattern between my appetite and lack of sleep. I had a big “win” one day when I used the knowledge about sleeping to anticipate the challenges of the day. Instead of giving in to binge impulses, I made every effort to eat well, and get in my steps. The end of the day felt like a victory. It was a real “aha” moment. The most surprising learning aspect of the past two months has been how the program has empowered me and made strength training so accessible to me. I have felt myself getting stronger each week and I have a sense of wonder of what my body can do for me. And I've lost 10 pounds!
Spring 2021 Alum
I've always had a love/hate relationship with food and my weight. After I had kids I lost & gained the same 10-15 pounds. During the pandemic, when it first started I started drinking too much wine, eating too much banana bread and I wasn't looking good or feeling good. I joined [Fitter After 40] because the tips & tricks that used to work for me before menopause weren't working anymore. I've lost 11 pounds and 12 inches. More importantly, I've never felt better!
Fall 2021 Alum
In my 58th year on the planet, I felt like I had lost autonomy over my body, that the effects of menopause were burdens written in my DNA. I had been piling up a mountain of excuses as to why I should continue eating a big, self-soothing bag of potato chips every night and wear maternity yoga pants every day, forever! Over the past nine weeks I have shed self-doubt along with inches and pounds. (16 pounds & over 14 inches to be exact) Our household income has taken a huge hit since the pandemic began and I agonized over registering for [Fitter Over 40} - making room in our budget to invest money solely in myself came with a ton of guilt, but feeling the positive results in my body and my head every day since has made it clear exactly what I was investing in & trust me, we are totally worth it.
What’s Inside Fitter After 40?
Fat Loss Nutrition Non-Negotiables
In this module I'll set you up for success by helping you take away all the guesswork so you can have total clarity around your nutrition: how many calories you should eat, how much protein you should eat and how to decide the best ratio of carbs and fats for your body.
You'll learn everything you need to know about calorie cycling and how to determine which calorie cycling framework works best in your life (or if a straight deficit will be the winning approach for you.)
You'll finally learn how to stick with it. No more starting and stopping. By the end of this program you will no longer struggle with staying consistent and will be able to follow this for the rest of your life.
- Get your 2 most critical nutrition decisions made so that you can move forward feeling clear & confident in your nutrition plan.
- Determine which calorie structure is best for you: one of my calorie cycling templates or a straight deficit approach.
- Fast track your results by implementing a simple but powerful system for increasing your adherence to your nutrition program
Exercise For Fat Loss
No more scrolling social media looking for your next workout. I'll take all the guesswork out of your training. With my systematic, progressive approach you'll finally be able to get more toned and defined.
You'll begin by learning an easy (an overlooked) way to not only achieve optimal fat loss, but to improve your health in an impactful way.
You and I will then dive into the practical application of strength training: what should you be doing, how should you be doing it & how often.
You'll receive a 6 week progressive strength training workout with options to train at home or at the gym, 3 days or 4 days per week. Clickable links to video tutorials for every exercise so you will know exactly how to perform each exercise with proper technique do you use the right muscles and don't get injured.
You'll finish up module 2 knowing which type of cardio is best for fat loss, including a decision hierarchy so there's never any doubt how to best use your limited time and energy to achieve your end goal as efficiently as possible.
- Set your individualized daily movement goal & an implementation plan to make incorporating this important habit easy breezy.
- Determine which workout split is the best fit for you
- Complete a 6 week progressive strength training program designed to shape & define your muscles and help you age stronger.
2 Pillar Fat Loss Nutrition Habits
You will need new habits to support your new fitter body. Trying to lose weight and hang on to your old habits is a losing formula (and one reason that buying a meal plan or premade diet-in-a-box systems fail.) In this module you will practice incorporating 2 new approaches to eating into your daily life for lasting results.
- Differentiate between emotional, situational & bodily hunger & learn how to respond to each to develop.
- Build your Hunger Management Tool Kit (and no, this isn't gimmicky diet culture stuff like chew gum or drink water instead of eating.) This is evidenced based nutrition science that will help you lose weight without the need for white knuckling it through the day.
- Practice tuning into your body's natural hunger and satisfaction cues by using the Hunger Scale.
Overcoming Hurdles To Fat Loss In Middle Age & Menopause
You likely have noticed that getting in shape over 40 feels harder than it did when you were younger. You are facing very real hurdles that just weren't in your way in other life stages. In this module you'll learn how to overcome those hurdles. As much as weight loss is about food, it is not just about the food. You need to get a handle on what's going on between your ears. We'll tackle 3 keys to master your mindset:
- First I'll help you practice becoming a person who looks for solutions when it feels easier to fall back on excuses.
- Next I'll help you ditch the all or nothing mindset by mastering the principle of consistency over perfection.
- Finally I'll help you silence your inner mean girl. She's holding you back and it's time to get her on your team.
Sleep & Fat Loss In Middle Age & Menopause
By the end of this module you'll have the tools you need to improve your sleep quantity and quality as well as the strategies that will help mitigate the negative impacts lack of sleep has on your weight loss progress for those times when sleep eludes you.
- You'll start this module by implementing practical strategies to improve both how much and how well you sleep. You'll learn which sleep hygiene improvements make the most sense in your life.
- Then you'll learn how to reduce cravings and increase satiety. Lack of sleep can ramp up cravings and leave you with that bottomless pit feeling. By the end of this module you'll have selected specific strategies to use for times when you haven't gotten enough sleep you to keep your calorie bottom line in check.
- Lastly, you'll get clarity on how to improve adherence to your nutrition and exercise program when you're low on sleep.
By the end of module 6 you will have clarity around why you stress eat, when stress eating is problematic, and most importantly, how to defeat unwanted stress eating so that it doesn't stand in the way of you building your best body yet.
- Learn my 3 step process for overcoming stress eating so that you can both lose weight & deal productively with the root cause of your stress.
- Discover your own personal stress eating triggers so that you can find new ways of managing your stress.
- Design your custom non-food stress managers menu so that you will be able to at a glance choose a non-food option to cope with your stress.
Mid Life Squeeze
Packed tightly between the needs of our children and those of our aging parents we can feel the grip of middle age squeeze and live the reality of precious little time to call our own. The old adage "put your own oxygen mask on first so that you'll be able to help others" applies here and yet it is deeply flawed. You deserve the oxygen even if it helps no one but you. In this module you'll learn:
- How to get on your own priority list, including how to set boundaries around time for your health non-negotiables.
- Next you'll discover how to perform a time audit so that you can create time (notice I didn't say find time) to prioritize your training and nutrition
- Finally you'll learn and implement a time management technique that helps you stay focused and mentally fresh so that you can get a lot done in a short period of time.
Most people won't reach their end goal in 8 weeks, so what happens then? That's where most fitness programs fail: they don't guide you through what to do next in any substantial way. Fitter After 40 is different in that it gives you a blueprint to follow moving forward.
In this final module you will:
- Master the 4 key steps to continue making progress long after the program ends
- Get a heads up about the part of weight loss no one talks about: The Boring Middle. This is where most of the transformation (and the work) take place and it's also when most people quit. Not you this time though because in module 8 you will learn 3 ways to successfully navigate the boring middle.
- Learn the process of transferring to maintenance so that you can enjoy your fitter, healthier body for life.
Plus These Bonuses So You Can Generate Unstoppable Momentum (And Keep It) Until You Reach Your Goal
8 Live Zoom Coaching Calls
Get unstuck in a matter of minutes and maintain your momentum until you cross the finish line!
What You’ll Get:
- Weekly Zoom Group Coaching Calls with me and your fellow FAF students to uncover ways you're self sabotaging (and how to stop,) shed light on mindset blocks that are keeping you stuck (more importantly help you remove them) and help you build customized strategies to overcome hurdles so that you build that strong, fit body.
- Opportunity to get your burning questions answered so that you can move forward with clarity and confidence. If you can't attend live you can submit questions ahead of time.
- Recordings of all calls to rewatch at your leisure as often as you like.
Private Online Community & Intimately Sized Accountability Pods
Your environment dictates your success. Let me curate that environment for you in our private community. You will receive support, guidance & feedback from a diverse but like-minded group of women I gather for you in our private Facebook Community as well as in small group accountability pods.
What You’ll Get:
- An active & highly supportive Facebook community with fellow students, Alumni Ambassadors & Team Schlag to make sure you get unstuck in a matter of minutes instead of weeks.
- A space to overcome isolation & constantly refill your inspiration tank by connecting with other women who "get" the journey and are here to help you cross that finish line.
- After the 8 weeks inside of the Fitter After 40 Private Facebook Group you'll be invited into my "Aging Stronger Society" Private Facebook Group for Alumni only so that you'll have continued access to new workouts and continued support on your fitness journey.
Exclusive Bonus Module From Dr. Heather Hirsch, Director of the Menopause & Midlife Clinic at Brigham & Womens's Hospital & faculty at Harvard Medical School
Whether you're deep into the struggle with menopause symptoms or perimenopause is just now appearing on your radar, knowledge means power to make the best decisions for you & your body.
Dr. Hirsch recorded a module specifically for my students covering:
- Hormonal Treatment Options for menopause symptoms
- Non Hormonal Treatment Options for menopause symptoms
- Guidance on finding proper medical care for menopause
Get clear, practical advice from one of the top medical experts in the women's health sphere so that you feel confident in your next steps.
Plus You'll Be Backed By a Risk Free 100% Money Back Guarantee
Let me say this upfront.
Fitter After 40 is the most comprehensive step-by-step implementation program for women over 40 who are excited & COMMITTED to getting into their best shape yet this year.
Our community is highly-curated and filled with helpful, motivated and supportive members who are building their fittest, healthiest body, just like you.
Now here's the kicker.
If you do everything I ask for the next 8 weeks and don't think it was worth it, I'll give you a full refund.
Each week for the next 8 weeks you'll receive specific action steps that will lead you step by step to your goal of a fitter, healthier, more energetic you.
If at the end of 8 weeks you do each and every one of those action steps, and don't think it was worth it: show me your work and I'll give you a full refund.
Now, don't come to me week 2 looking for a refund because I'm not here for your self sabotage and I know you can get amazing results if you follow this plan for the full 8 weeks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Burning Q's my most successful students of Fitter After 40 asked before grabbing their access